Asking Price: $27,000
- Year: 1980
- Model / Trim: Westfalia
- Odometer: 125,445
- Engine: 4 Cylinder
- Transmission: Manual
- Seller Type: Private Owner
- Location: Folsom, California
- Name: Not Provided
- Phone: See Below
- Email: See Below
More Details & Pictures
VW Vanagon Westfalia Camper
1980 Volkswagen Vanagon L with original 2.0 liter engine, fully rebuilt with brand new AMC heads at 90k miles by a retired aircraft mechanic in Auburn, CA. Only 125,500 ORIGINAL miles! Four speed standard transmission shifts smooth and tight. Passes CA smog every two years with a brand new catalytic converter. Currently on Non-Op for the last few months due to Covid travel restrictions. All fees and registration are current and up to date.
The van also includes the original “California RV Dwelling” sticker, which are very hard to come by once removed. This sticker certifies the Westy as an RV, which affords certain rules and regulations that regular vans do not. (If you’re a beer person, you’ll like these RV rules!)
This is one of the absolute first Vanagon Westy’s to roll off the line in West Germany, #0005186, a very rare and early Vanagon – manufactured in June of ‘79 (original inner drivers door manufacturers sticker still intact). One of the first 6000 Vanagon’s EVER made! And even more special, it’s only one of the first 300 Westfalia’s made from the iconic Vanagon chassis. Westfalia badge #269!
This cheerful, happy, hippy bus is dang-near all original, including all Westfalia equipment as installed by the factory. Some minor cosmetic changes, like chrome hubcaps and stripes were added by the previous owner, who used the van lightly for ski trips from Auburn to Tahoe back in the day.
– Original Owners & Camper Manuals
– ARB Awning 8’x8’ (Excellent Condition)
– GoWesty Awning Brackets
– Bolted-in Hidden Locking Safe
– Artificial Rain Gutter mounts
– Yakima Locking Roof Rack Towers (4)
– Yakima Roof Bars (60”)
– GoWesty Roof Assist Struts
– GoWesty Curtain Set
– Aftermarket PopTop Tent
– Stainless Stee VW Stove Grates
– ShurFlo Faucet
– LED Fog Lamps
– Upgraded LED Camper / Galley lights
– Upgraded 12v Outlets for Shore Power
– Chrome Original VW Hubcaps and Beauty Rings
– 60L TruckFridge Chest Fridge/Freezer (AC/DC Options – Runs off Solar Battery)
– Second/House battery
– Automatic Charge Control (BlueSeas 7610)
– Renogy Solar Charge Controller
– 100W Renogy Solar Panel with Custom Built Aluminum Mounting System
– Blue Seas Fuse Block System
– Blue Seas Marine Grade 12v Ports
– Pure-Sine Inverter for AC Power (laptops, small electronics, blender)
– Battery Tender for keeping everything charged while garaged
– New Catalytic Converter
– GoWesty Utility Hookup Boxes
– Propane Conversion for Easy 1lb. Bottles (Original Westfalia propane tank / shield included)
– Extra Slider Door Cable (rare / no longer made)
– A Pile of Original VW Parts for any Future Restorations. (We’ve Kept Her original)
Things To Note:
– Clutch is starting to wear out, will likely need replacement in the next 1000 miles. The van is still road-ready and drivable today.
– Some light rusting and pitting (quite common for a 40 year old classic car)
– A handful of various scratches and dents collected from the backroads over the years (badges of honor) 😀
– This is a VW Van that has been driven and kept up with, but like any classic old car or VW, you must keep up with maintenance and keep the legend alive!
– Treat this van with care and gentleness, and it’s joys will be returned ten fold.
Please only contact me with serious interest, offers, or additional questions / information.
Important: This van has been a living member of our family for the last 10 years, and it breaks our hearts to have to make the decision to sell. But it’s time for someone else with a soul full of wanderlust to take this incredible machine to the farthest roads and wildest campsites. This van loves adventures, and it needs to keep telling its legendary VW stories. We trust the Universe to make the perfect connection to its new human!
If this van calls to you, let’s chat! This adventure mobile needs you to write the next chapter of its incredible, storied life! This is not just a Westy – it’s an entire way of being – a lifestyle – a chance to create the stories of your dreams, and ramble on down the road of life. We can’t just let this piece of our hearts go to anyone, so please let us know why you’re the one to keep the legend of the VanOfMyDreams alive!
TRADES: We will ONLY consider a trade for a 4WD Toyota Tacoma/Pickup, with an equal or greater value of $25k. Our family requires a truck now, so this is the only specific trade we are open to. Ideally, we would have similar valued vehicles and trade straight across. NO other trades. Thank you!
PRICE: $28,500 / Reasonable Offers Only
Call / Message for an appointment for serious buyers this week.
Last Updated on July 2, 2021 by VanagonAds