- Year: 1986
- Model / Trim: Syncro AdventureWagen
- Odometer: 96,697
- Engine: Subaru 2.2 KEP
- Transmission: Matt Steedle Transmission
- Seller Type: Private Owner
- Location: Sedona, Arizona
- Name: Lisa
- Phone: Not Provided
- Email: [email protected]
More Details & Pictures
1986 VW VANAGON SYNCRO ADVENTUREWAGEN CAMPER – GREAT CONDITION! FULL CUSTOM HIGH ROOF CAMPER
Loved Driving this AdventureWagen around! We bought it from the guy who custom built the van. He sold due to personal reasons. We had so much fun but we are moving and cannot take it with us. Perfect condition! We added some custom details to it as well. Newly rhino painted lower quarter, New front seats, w/ swivel passenger, New Subaru engine snorkel, and New dashboard!!!!
Subaru 2.2 KEP, Steedle Trans, SmallCar 2” springs and disc brakes and dash AC, OME shocks, poly bushings, sport exhaust, rear locker, granny low gear. Propane tank, Propex heater w/thermostat, sink, fresh water, grey water, kitchen cabinets, huge overhead storage. RM bumpers and swing-away carriers. Undercoated, soundproofed doors and panels and floors and engine bay. SA grill and high intensity headlights. Custom striping, 12” lower fascia rubberized coating for protection, 4 German OEM mud flaps. Truck mirrors. Many custom upgrades.
- 15’ long, 6.5’ wide, under 9’ high.
- 697 Actual Miles.
- 2 engine swap. 9500 miles on machine shop rebuild, installed with Kennedy Engineering Adapters. (California, 50-state legal)
- SmallCar Dash AC with Subaru compressor.
- Matt Steedle transmission.
- AdventureWagen High Roof.
- Global Travel Set-Up.
- AdventureWagen roof, 6’3” inside, custom skylight and integrated 3-speed 2-way fan.
- AdventureWagen interior modified to smaller lighter footprint, sink, electric pump, fresh water tank, grey water tank, drawers, shelves, popup table, and queen bed.
New 1500 miles ago:
- Matt Steedle Transmission Rebuild.
- True Blue VW Rear Locker Module.
- Shift Linkage Front to Back.
- Balanced Drive Shaft.
- Worm Gear Starter.
- Clutch Slave Cylinder.
- Throw-out Bearing.
- Pressure Plate.
- Clutch Disc.
- Speedometer Cable.New 9500 miles ago:
- Stainless steel performance exhaust and muffler.
- Adjustable Truck Mirrors.
- Window Seals.
- Front and Rear Bumpers from Rocky Mountain Westy.
- Swing-Away Tray Carrier on passenger side.
- Swing-Away Tire Carrier on driver side.
Total Suspension Upgrade:
- SmallCar 2” Springs.
- Old Man Emu Shocks.
- Suspension Poly Bushings.
- Ball Joints and Tie Rod Ends.
- Power Steering Rack with 2 horizontal stabilizers.
- BFG K2 All-Terrain Tires 16R.
- 16″ Carat Polished Alloy Wheels.
- BFG K2 + Black Steel Wheel Spare Tire
Brake system + master cylinder:
- SmallCar Front Big Disc Brakes.
- SmallCar Rear Big Disc Brakes.
- South African 4 Headlight System. South African Grill.
- Interior upholstery.
- Swivel Seat + Bushings – passenger side.
- VDO Temperature Gauge.
- Fantastic Fan and Custom Skylight.
- Headliner, ABS Panels.
- Carpet and Rubber Floor Liner.
- Floor and Deck Insulation.
- Dynamat Sound Insulation to interior panels and doors.
- RockWool Insulation for acoustic and temperature insulation.
- Kitchen featuring sink, water tank, countertop, shelves, and storage.
- House Battery, for 2-battery system. Powers all internal lighting, accessories.
- 12v Adapter for fridge or appliances, to house battery.
- USB fast charger in-dash.
- Propex Heater under rear seat, with wall Thermostat.
- Propane Tank with Regulator and Plumbing.
Asking: $72,000 Or Best Offer on a 1986 Vanagon Syncro High Roof Camper, full custom, 96,697 actual miles, 7500 miles on 3-year buildout.
*If interested the Van is in Sedona, Arizona but willing to meet in Phoenix, Arizona
Last Updated on October 12, 2021 by VanagonAds